The internet and web don't just effect the media. Now, they ARE the media. We rely on the internet for answers all the time, we have it at our fingertips on our smart phones to get the latest news and stories. The newspapers and nightly news on TV constantly reference the internet for not just sources, but for entire stories. There is always some new youtube video that is sweeping the world (cough PSY cough), or some website doing something controversial.
I don't know about anyone else, but the I get nearly all my media from the web. I don't have cable at my apartment, so if I'm online I am probably getting some type of news and media exposure.
The web has forever changed things, and will never leave. It will be the most prominent source of news and media for the rest of our lives, unless of course the government's of the world decide to heavily censor the internet which would be an absolute disaster, but that's a discussion for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment