Sunday, January 27, 2013
It is amazing how much the internet has changed Education. It has allowed anyone in the world on a computer with an internet connection to self-educate with endless information. There is not only actual on-line only schools and libraries, but you can access countless scholarly articles with any sort of information you can imagine.
Now, this whole thing can be tricky because people can also post whatever they want on the internet. People may lie and make websites look legitimate when they are in fact, fake. It also allows for a lot of groups to spread propaganda which may not be believable.
I personally am very careful with where I take real articles from and who has written them, but generally I find a plethora of useful, truthful information. I have learned so much from surfing the internet, more than I ever could have in school. It may not all be exact "book-learning" (TV show reference - Trailer Park Boys) like we do in school, but it is an alternative way of obtaining endless information at my finger tips - instantly. It is amazing.
Internet has forever changed Education, as it also has all of our lives. Long Live the WWW
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment